Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Blue Star of Bintumani Guitar

Monday marked a glorious day for me. Since I got to Freetown, I’ve been looking everywhere for a guitar. Monday I found it. A slick blue made-in-china classical guitar. It looks like a close relative of Nacho Guitar, the guitar I left in the good hands of my brother. It’s highly possible that Nacho has fallen victim to my nieces little hands by now.

To find it I had to go to PZ market. The heart of bustling Freetown. You seem to have 3 outlet choices for all things here. Almost like Canada – Walmart, Zellers or Sears. Here it’s the pharmacy, the market or the electronics shop. Some electronic shops advertise phones, motorcycles, furniture… and this one, musical instruments. They even had an electric guitar.

I’ve noticed several Montreal Canadiens jerseys of late. Even here they’re jumping on the bandwagon!!

2 comments:

Eric S said...

Jam on

dad said...

jphny cash you ain't but i know it soothes you....looks good!